keyhelp behind NAT and multiple keyhelp servers

Discussions about the installation of KeyHelp.
pbandurek

keyhelp behind NAT and multiple keyhelp servers

Post by pbandurek »

two queries

Is it possible to install keyhelp server behind nat using private ip and forward public address with my firewall (box - Forti - Sonic) ? where do I specify the public IP for example for the ftp for example?

Is it possible to integrate more than 1 server with keyhelp to share a domain base etc to facilitate the management of several servers?

thanks
24unix

Re: keyhelp behind NAT and multiple keyhelp servers

Post by 24unix »

pbandurek wrote: Wed 26. Jan 2022, 15:08 two queries

Is it possible to install keyhelp server behind nat using private ip and forward public address with my firewall (box - Forti - Sonic) ? where do I specify the public IP for example for the ftp for example?
Do you have a static or dynamic IP on you gateway?
pbandurek wrote: Wed 26. Jan 2022, 15:08
Is it possible to integrate more than 1 server with keyhelp to share a domain base etc to facilitate the management of several servers?
Can you elaborate that a little bit?
mfg Micha
--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed …
… oh wait, he does.
pbandurek

Post by pbandurek »

A large static public ip range 200.55... in front of my corporate firewall and keyhelp servers zone with private ip range 192.168...
ftp usually requires displaying your real masquerade ip some other daemon will require similar configuration.
all important port are forward in my firewall 20,21,22,25,80,110,443,993,995,3306,etc

scenarios to host 500-800 or 1500 domains requires more than 1 server and the administration of the data of each one does require a certain centrality or it will be an administrative problem

using a central database for all servers could be the solution but I don't know if the keyhelp architecture can offer a solution or is on the roadmap, that's why my question is that I am evaluating adopting keyhelp pro for the management of our datacenter
24unix

Post by 24unix »

pbandurek wrote: Wed 26. Jan 2022, 17:25 A large static public ip range 200.55... in front of my corporate firewall and keyhelp servers zone with private ip range 192.168...
ftp usually requires displaying your real masquerade ip some other daemon will require similar configuration.
all important port are forward in my firewall 20,21,22,25,80,110,443,993,995,3306,etc
And you need FTP?
With SCP/SFTP the should be less trouble.
pbandurek wrote: Wed 26. Jan 2022, 17:25
scenarios to host 500-800 or 1500 domains requires more than 1 server and the administration of the data of each one does require a certain centrality or it will be an administrative problem

using a central database for all servers could be the solution but I don't know if the keyhelp architecture can offer a solution or is on the roadmap, that's why my question is that I am evaluating adopting keyhelp pro for the management of our datacenter
I doubt that Keyhelp can handle that for what I've learned so for about the software.
mfg Micha
--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed …
… oh wait, he does.
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

pbandurek wrote: Wed 26. Jan 2022, 17:25 using a central database for all servers could be the solution but I don't know if the keyhelp architecture can offer a solution or is on the roadmap, that's why my question is that I am evaluating adopting keyhelp pro for the management of our datacenter
There is no such thing out of the box, but KeyHelp provides an API: https://api.keyhelp.de
With its help, you are able to create what you have in mind.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de