Install on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16

prune

Re: Install on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16

Post by prune »

Thank you Alexander

Issues I encounter so far are:

File manager has no copy or move option. I have to download and upload the file to the new path

When multiple session times out and I login, after secs-mins I need to login again. Happens immediately in Chrome. In Firefox it will happen after a while after continuous logging-in during the day. This only happens on the login url. I use Cloudflare. It doesnt seem to happen when you use the IP address. There really should be an option in login page to 'remember me' or 'keep me logged in'.

Is there an import tool for cpanel or directadmin full backups? Or a guide how to import Wordpress sites or scripts installed by Softaculous?
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

prune wrote: Thu 12. Dec 2019, 00:04 File manager has no copy or move option. I have to download and upload the file to the new path
This is on my list for one of the upcoming updates (I am still looking for nice user interface ideas for handling this)
prune wrote: Thu 12. Dec 2019, 00:04 When multiple session times out and I login, after secs-mins I need to login again. Happens immediately in Chrome. In Firefox it will happen after a while after continuous logging-in during the day. This only happens on the login url. I use Cloudflare. It doesnt seem to happen when you use the IP address. There really should be an option in login page to 'remember me' or 'keep me logged in'.
I have some security concerns with a 'remember me' feature in the hand of inexperienced users.
What cause your sessions to terminate is a change in you IP address. User sessions are bundled to the users IP address.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
prune

Post by prune »

Thank you.

How about

-import tool for cpanel and directadmin backups?
-being able to use/set a custom domain as default name server for all or select user/group via the admin dashboard?

Ah so this login time out issue is caused by the changing Cloudflare IP! KH doesnt support x-forwarded-for header so it will log the real IP and not Cloudflare's? There should be option to ignore Cloudflare IP and log real IP in admin dashboard.

With regards to File manager copy/move options, would it be possible to use ftp (winscp) UI? Similar to AApanel also. Where you get 2 boxes showing current directory for origin/source path to destination path?

Or maybe just copy Cpanel file manager where left side has the folder tree view and the right side has the box for current path. Choosing Copy or Move will open new window where you can type the path or browse for the path.
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

Hello,
prune wrote: Sun 15. Dec 2019, 03:42 -import tool for cpanel and directadmin backups?
There are no such plans right now.
prune wrote: Sun 15. Dec 2019, 03:42 -being able to use/set a custom domain as default name server for all or select user/group via the admin dashboard?
I will probably include something like that with the DNS template editor (upcoming feature).
prune wrote: Sun 15. Dec 2019, 03:42 Ah so this login time out issue is caused by the changing Cloudflare IP! KH doesnt support x-forwarded-for header so it will log the real IP and not Cloudflare's? There should be option to ignore Cloudflare IP and log real IP in admin dashboard.
Thank you for this information. I am not using Cloudflare, so information like this are always useful. I have implemented an appropriate handling of Cloudflare requests right now, it will be part of the next update.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
prune

Post by prune »

Thank you Alexander

Is there a guide on how to (manually) move sites (html, wordpress, joomla) from cpanel/DA to KH? How about apps that were installed by Softaculous? Currently I install apps on KH using a remote apps installer but that leaves a footer watermark :D

When importing DB into KH, does it add the KH account username prefix? Can you rename database names manually in KH?

I wish there is a way to add recaptcha to every login page like panel login and webmail login preferably in admin dashboard

Is it possible to add a logo on roundcube or rainloop login page?

EDIT:
Any plans to integrate KH into a billing panel? Maybe a simple invoice/billing plugin in admin dashboard similar to Ispconfig's?
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 Is there a guide on how to (manually) move sites (html, wordpress, joomla) from cpanel/DA to KH? How about apps that were installed by Softaculous?

In many cases it's sufficient to transfer the files and the database contents and to change the base path and the database credentials in a configuration file. Of course for older scripts the PHP version has to match the requirements. Sometimes you have to install additional PHP extensions or - in rare cases - Apache modules.

Unfortunately, some scripts don't have one central place where especially paths are stored; in those cases you have to search in all files and sometimes in the database for old paths. Navicat is a good tool for searching for values in the whole database (it has its price tag, but it's worth it, and if you only need it for a limited time, you can use the trial version).

I don't use Softaculous, but I don't expect scripts installed by it to be any different regarding a transfer.

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 When importing DB into KH, does it add the KH account username prefix?

Tables are imported with unchanged names, if that's what you'd like to know.

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 Can you rename database names manually in KH?

That's not possible using the KeyHelp UI, and you probably shouldn't do it manually.

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 I wish there is a way to add recaptcha to every login page like panel login and webmail login preferably in admin dashboard

You can change the KeyHelp templates (but not the PHP source code, which is encrypted using Ioncube).

Regarding the webmail, you can always install a custom script / version that allows reCAPTCHAs. It's probably no good idea to modify the Webmailer delivered with KeyHelp because the changes might be overwritten when an update comes.

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 Is it possible to add a logo on roundcube or rainloop login page?

That depends on the script; there's no custom KeyHelp version of these applications.

prune wrote: Mon 23. Dec 2019, 04:45 Any plans to integrate KH into a billing panel? Maybe a simple invoice/billing plugin in admin dashboard similar to Ispconfig's?

KeyHelp comes with a REST API now. It shouldn't be too complicated to write an interface for a billing panel using their API, too.

Cheers,
Jan
This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.