Can receive but can't send emails

gustavohellwig

Can receive but can't send emails

Post by gustavohellwig »

My current VPS provider said that they can't open the port 25 Outbound. The inbound is working and is receiving emails, but I can't send.
Do you guys know if there are there some workaround that can be done to fix that?
I have a Hostgator dedicated server that also doesn't have the 25 out opened, but in some way, theyr EXIM mail service can send emails. I was not able to figure out how they do that. In the config file I was not able to find how the relay works.

or...which VPS Providers that you know allow the port 25 to be used?
george

Re: Can receive but can't send emails

Post by george »

There are some hosting providers now, that block email as you say. Some will allow it only after application is made, with explanation of your reasons, and nature of business.

My suggestion is to go with a quality hosting. Before making payment, confirm that your email requirements can be met.

I cannot suggest a provider, as mine limits email, and requires their permission to activate. My account was active before the new rule, and has maintained good reputation. So I can send thousands of emails at once!

I actually prefer hosts that restrict bulk email, as too much spam arriving from your IP block can ruin your reputation especially on blacklists.

Go with a good provider.