Redis, ssl, automation and install templates questions

Luciann

Redis, ssl, automation and install templates questions

Post by Luciann »

1. Is it safe to install redis as it is not shipped with keyhelp, can it cause any issues?
2. Is there any way to make ssl work on subdomains for hostname or it should be main domain for it to work properly?
3. Is there any automation to create an account via a php form rather than manually? Any example script for this? (I'm not experienced in php)
4. Is there any way to create install templates on the normal version of keyhelp (I know there is on PRO), I've seen some older posts talking about something like this where the users can choose packages templates to install scripts.
5. Is there any way to use oauth for account creation?
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Re: Redis, ssl, automation and install templates questions

Post by Alexander »

Luciann wrote: Sun 22. Aug 2021, 16:03 1. Is it safe to install redis as it is not shipped with keyhelp, can it cause any issues?
You can install redis if you like. By the way, redis is part of the additional PHP-Interpreters you can install via "Configuration -> Feature Settings -> PHP-Interpreter"

Luciann wrote: Sun 22. Aug 2021, 16:03 2. Is there any way to make ssl work on subdomains for hostname or it should be main domain for it to work properly?
Can you explain, what you would like to achieve?

Luciann wrote: Sun 22. Aug 2021, 16:03 3. Is there any automation to create an account via a php form rather than manually? Any example script for this? (I'm not experienced in php)
You can use the KeyHelp API with any programming language you like. Have a look into "Configuration -> Control Panel -> API" for creating API keys and use this documentation: https://api.keyhelp.de

Luciann wrote: Sun 22. Aug 2021, 16:03 4. Is there any way to create install templates on the normal version of keyhelp (I know there is on PRO), I've seen some older posts talking about something like this where the users can choose packages templates to install scripts.
What templates do you mean? The one click installer?
You can use the "skel" feature (it is well hidden, i admit ;)).
Have a look into /etc/keyhelp/skel. There you find a README with the following content, maybe this helps you.
Here you can define any number of skeleton templates, which then can be selected in KeyHelp

- when creating a new user
- when assigning a new domain to a new, non-existent folder

In the process of creating the user / domain, the skeleton template is then copied to the corresponding target directory.

To create your own skel template, create a subfolder in this directory ("/etc/keyhelp/skel/").
For example "/etc/keyhelp/skel/Wordpress".

The name of the folder determines how it appears in the corresponding selection menus in KeyHelp.
Paste all the files you want to copy when you select the template into this folder.

If the subfolder is preceded by an underscore "_":
For example "/etc/keyhelp/skel/_Wordpress".

This means that this template is only visible to administrators (when creating a new user / creating or editing domain). Users cannot select this template.
Without the prefixed underscore, the template can be selected by both administrators and users.

The directory ".processing" is just for internal purpose, and can be ignored.

Luciann wrote: Sun 22. Aug 2021, 16:03 5. Is there any way to use oauth for account creation?
No
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
Luciann

Post by Luciann »

1. I can only see php versions there nothing else. Also the script requires redis server (Invision Power Board) to connect (using ip, port and password) can the redis-server cause any incompatibilities with the panel?
2. Switching the panel to a subdomain and using the main site as a portal for hosting, where users can order packages. (also if this is possible, when creating a subdomain to use instead of username.subdomain.host.com, to use username.host.com while the panel is switched to a subdomain or this requires extensive configurations?)
---
Thanks for clarifying the other questions.
--
3. Is nginx a feature that's coming soon, it could really improve the website speeds, or even litespeed.
Other than that the panel is just perfect.
Florian
Keyweb AG

Post by Florian »

Hallo,

1. you can safely install redis via apt-get. The redis server has no influence on Keyhelp. The PHp Module for redis is included in teh PHp versions you can install via Keyhelp. This is what Alex meant,

2. You can change the hostname under Configuration -> Hostname. Then you can reach Keyhelp under this new name and you can use the domain for hosting websites

3. It is not planned coming soon.
Florian Cheno

Luciann

Post by Luciann »

Thanks for the answers.
Regarding 2. - I know I can change the hostname, however, when securing it with lets encrypt it gives an error. So it's pointless using a subdomain without a proper ceritifcate.
Normal subdomains work with lets encrypt without any issues, it's just the subdomain hostnames that have this error.
--
I'm having issues making my website work with cloudflare
I already whitelisted these ips and a domain in the white label section (trusted sources)
cloudflare.com

Code: Select all

173.245.48.0/20
103.21.244.0/22
103.22.200.0/22
103.31.4.0/22
141.101.64.0/18
108.162.192.0/18
190.93.240.0/20
188.114.96.0/20
197.234.240.0/22
198.41.128.0/17
162.158.0.0/15
104.16.0.0/13
104.24.0.0/14
172.64.0.0/13
131.0.72.0/22
2400:cb00::/32
2606:4700::/32
2803:f800::/32
2405:b500::/32
2405:8100::/32
2a06:98c0::/29
2c0f:f248::/32
But it still doesn't work
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

Luciann wrote: Wed 25. Aug 2021, 01:17 I'm having issues making my website work with cloudflare
I already whitelisted these ips and a domain in the white label section (trusted sources)
cloudflare.com
This field is for when you include additional files within your white label settings, such as Javascript files, that they will not get blocked due to Content-Security-Policy security measures by your Browser. If you do not include files from foreign sources, you do not need to fill this list.
Alexander Mahr