Default DNS template customization

Discussions about the usage of KeyHelp.
sburina

Default DNS template customization

Post by sburina »

Hello!

How do I customize the default DNS zone template that gets applied automatically on new domain creation?

Thank you!
nikko

Re: Default DNS template customization

Post by nikko »

Pls use in the admin-section in the left column the point below "Domains" called "DNS Zone Editor". After that, you can pickup (mark) the domain, which you want to modify and use the blue button "continue". Now u can make your changes, pls finish this process with "save".

If you need an own template for all domains, you will get an answer from the Devs ASAP.
The software said: Requires Win Vista®, 7®, 8® or better. And so I installed Linux.
sburina

Post by sburina »

nikko wrote: Mon 2. Jul 2018, 12:55 Pls use in the admin-section in the left column the point below "Domains" called "DNS Zone Editor". After that, you can pickup (mark) the domain, which you want to modify and use the blue button "continue". Now u can make your changes, pls finish this process with "save".

If you need an own template for all domains, you will get an answer from the Devs ASAP.
Hello, nikko!
Thank you for your reply but yes, indeed I was asking for a server-wide DNS zone template customization. Based on 10+ years of experience, I feel this is a must-have to accommodate many possible infrastructure setups. For example, we are using 3 external PowerDNS nameservers that get the zones via AXFR and present the data to the world, and there is also just one fixed MX record for all hosted domans, our own hostname, so we can avoid SSL/TLS issues completely by having a single certificate.

Also, the default SOA should be configurable. For example, in our case the authority server would be the first nameserver of our DNS cluster, say ns1.ourdomain.com, and a responsible person hostmaster.ourdomain.com. The hostname of the KeyHelp server itself and the email address of the admin user should be irrelevant.

I'll be awaiting some feedback from the Devs. :)
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

A server-wide DNS template is on our roadmap. Due to the fact, there weren't that many requests for that feature in the past, it was not in a high position on the to-do list.
I have started working on the theoretical side for this feature some weeks ago but had to stop in favor of other features. I am afraid I cannot tell you anything about a planned release date right now.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
rnssystems

Post by rnssystems »

Hi,
how can I vote for this feature? I would really need it. Is there any workaround until it's implemented in the product itself?

Regards
Julian
Eoler

Post by Eoler »

rnssystems wrote: Thu 30. Aug 2018, 11:45 how can I vote for this feature? I would really need it. Is there any workaround until it's implemented in the product itself?
Another vote for DNS template on domain creation.
Are there any KH include files available to change manually? Need to migrate ~20 domains to Keyhelp server with slighty different name servers / TTLs than provided...
v3ng

Post by v3ng »

Would love this feature
cflo56

Post by cflo56 »

Hello,

I'm an new user of keyhelp ! it's very easy to use.
I would love this feature too (example to add mail backup and change spf).

Have a good day !
pauliakas

Post by pauliakas »

Yeah this feature will be big +
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

+ 1 :)
latifolia

Post by latifolia »

+1 x 999999999
viralbox

Post by viralbox »

+1 this feature would be quite helpful in my setup as well.
miklosandras

Post by miklosandras »

+1 I would like this feature too
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

For me it would be usefull to have a button, disable local DNS in total, as I do not use it for resolving and I would like to turn the function off globally.

I use remote DNS-ISP's that have all the records. This because I do not have enough servers to do DNS Primary and Secondary, and some users use other servers.

So if possible, can we turn it off in total? Would be nice.

However, if it generates and prints de SPF, DMARC etc keys, to put external, that would be amazing. I only keep the DNS-records to copy those.

Sorry but the DNS stuff is a bit confusing the way it is now.
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.