www not found

prune

www not found

Post by prune »

When I visit domain.com, I get the site. When I visit www.domain.com, I get not found. Why? I already set a cname for www pointing to domain.com in cloudflare.
Tobi
Community Moderator

Re: www not found

Post by Tobi »

Is the subdomain "www" activated on your server?
Gruß,
Tobi

-----------------------------
wewoco.de
Das Forum für Reseller, Digital-Agenturen, Bildschirmarbeiter und Mäuseschubser
prune

Post by prune »

Hi Obito

No, I didnt create that subdomain. So I should create it and point it also the web folder of domain.com ?

The cname www entry in cloudflare or the * entry in dns management of keyhelp not enough?
Jolinar
Community Moderator

Post by Jolinar »

prune wrote: Sat 23. May 2020, 12:22 So I should create it and point it also the web folder of domain.com ?
Yes, that's now the right way.

BTW:
When you add a new Domain, you have an option "Create www. subdomain".
Wenn jemand inkompetent ist, dann kann er nicht wissen, daß er inkompetent ist. (David Dunning)

Data Collector für Community Support
___
Ich verwende zwei verschiedene Schriftfarben in meinen Beiträgen /
I use two different font colors in my posts:
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Moderator und gebe moderative Hinweise oder begründe moderative Eingriffe /
    In this color, I write as a moderator and provide moderative guidance or justify moderative interventions
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Community Mitglied und teile meine private Meinung und persönlichen Ansichten mit /
    In this color, I write as a community member and share my personal opinions and views
prune

Post by prune »

Is there a way to just redirect www to the non-www like in cpanel? Since in cpanel even when you dont have the www created (folder) and as long as your cname www points to the @ domain.com, visiting the www.domain.com will show you domain.com
nikko

Post by nikko »

Sure. Take a look into the options of your www. Domain
The software said: Requires Win Vista®, 7®, 8® or better. And so I installed Linux.