Einen Überblick über das Administrationstool KeyHelp der Keyweb AG und dessen Download gibt es auf https://www.keyhelp.de

Dieses Forum soll es interessierten Benutzern ermöglichen, sich über KeyHelp auszutauschen und Hilfe bei Problemen zu finden.

Possible issue with update 20.3.1 -> 20.3.2: "The control panel is currently being updated."

You found a bug? Please tell us about.
Antworten
Benutzeravatar
Alexander
Keyweb AG
Beiträge: 1684
Registriert: Mi 20. Jan 2016, 02:23

Possible issue with update 20.3.1 -> 20.3.2: "The control panel is currently being updated."

Beitrag von Alexander »

If instead of the login area you read the message "The control panel is currently being updated." for a longer period of time, this may be due to a previous maintenance run "Update PHP interpreter / repo-update" from January 23rd hanging and still being executed.

On 99% of servers the update runs smoothlyy, on the remaining 1% the job hangs and prevents the panel update from continuing to run.
I'm currently investigating the reason for this, respectively implementing precautions for KeyHelp 21.0 to work around the problem.

The solution:

1.) Get the process ID of the hanging job

Code: Alles auswählen

cat /home/keyhelp/.lock/repo-update.lock
You will then receive a process ID. E.g. 12345

2.) Kill the hanging process (instead of 12345 insert the corresponding process ID)

Code: Alles auswählen

kill 12345

=> Done

The panel update will now resume automatically and the message "The control panel is currently being updated." disappears.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

**************************************************************
Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
**************************************************************
Benutzeravatar
pandogulf
Beiträge: 13
Registriert: Mo 28. Dez 2020, 16:40

Re: Possible issue with update 20.3.1 -> 20.3.2: "The control panel is currently being updated."

Beitrag von pandogulf »

Thank you, that fixed the issue.
Antworten