Adminer Theme - How to add it ?  [SOLVED]

chaiavi

Adminer Theme - How to add it ?

Post by chaiavi »

Hi,

Adminer seems like a better client than phpMyAdmin, so I want to use it.

I changed to it and it works!

But the UI is quite ugly :o

So I found this CSS file:
https://github.com/pappu687/adminer-theme

Which makes the difference, I just need to copy this CSS to the install directory of adminer

Where can I find the adminer directory ?
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Re: Adminer Theme - How to add it ?  [SOLVED]

Post by Alexander »

Hello,

This is the location of the admin installation:

Code: Select all

/home/keyhelp/www/adminer/
But be aware that anything you change in the KeyHelp home (/home/keyhelp) directory can be overwritten by upcoming KeyHelp updates.
(One solution to this is to regularly check via a cronjob whether the .css file still exists, and if not, create it)
Yes, this is the standard theme of Adminer ;)...

Probably with one of the next updates of Adminer I will create / add a theme, which matches the KeyHelp style a bit more.

---
EDIT: Done with KeyHelp 21.0
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
chaiavi

Re: Adminer Theme - How to add it ?

Post by chaiavi »

Alexander wrote: Fri 24. Apr 2020, 08:36 Hello,

This is the location of the admin installation:

Code: Select all

/home/keyhelp/www/adminer/
But be aware that anything you change in the KeyHelp home (/home/keyhelp) directory can be overwritten by upcoming KeyHelp updates.
(One solution to this is to regularly check via a cronjob whether the .css file still exists, and if not, create it)
Thanks Alexander,
In wordpress there is a concept of changing a child theme, thus when an update comes, I get the updated files while my changes in the child are preserved.

I am not sure it makes sense in keyhelp, but maybe there is a sense of doing it here, so when I add the CSS to the adminer folder (in the child theme) it will be preserved.

Well, this is a suggestion which I am not entirely sure makes sense, just throwing here my two cents.

Anyway, thank you for your explanation ( I will just throw the css there for now and hope it doesn't get removed in the next update, and if it does I will just copy i again...)
Alexander wrote: Fri 24. Apr 2020, 08:36
Yes, this is the standard theme of Adminer ;)...

Probably with one of the next updates of Adminer I will create / add a theme, which matches the KeyHelp style a bit more.
Thank you, that will be much better than the current theme.
Please consider putting that CSS from github instead of creating your own, or just till you create your own, it is better than the current default anyways,