Downgrade ioncube version  [SOLVED]

General discussions around KeyHelp.
andreaslindgren

Downgrade ioncube version

Post by andreaslindgren »

Hi

I just started using Keyhelp and I must say that I am very impressed with the panel.

I have plans to start selling domains and webhosting through the WISECP billing plattform. Unfortunately I have some problems with the Netim domain registrar module. In order to get WISECP to work with the Netim module I need version 12 of ioncube. Is there any way to downgrade the version of ioncube?

Of course I could use another domain registrar that have official support by WISECP, but I like Netim so if only possible I would like to continue use them.
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Re: Downgrade ioncube version

Post by Alexander »

Hello,

ionCube is required for KeyHelp to work. If you downgrade ionCube, KeyHelp will not be able to run.

However, ionCube loaders are always backwards compatible. That means, the current ionCube loaders version 13.x will be able to run code which has been encrypted with old versions of the ionCube encoder (e.g. version 12).

I don't know Netim, but what let you think you need ionCube loader v12 (instead of v13)?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
andreaslindgren

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

The support them said to me that they don't support all versions of ioncube. So I need to use version 12 in order to get the Netim module in WISECP to work.

I think I will search for a different domain registrar then that works better with WISECP without having to change ioncube version.
Jolinar
Community Moderator

Post by Jolinar »

andreaslindgren wrote: Mon 25. Mar 2024, 15:13 So I need to use version 12 in order to get the Netim module in WISECP to work.
Have you performed your own tests, or are you relying on the support team's information?
Wenn jemand inkompetent ist, dann kann er nicht wissen, daß er inkompetent ist. (David Dunning)

Data Collector für Community Support
___
Ich verwende zwei verschiedene Schriftfarben in meinen Beiträgen /
I use two different font colors in my posts:
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Moderator und gebe moderative Hinweise oder begründe moderative Eingriffe /
    In this color, I write as a moderator and provide moderative guidance or justify moderative interventions
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Community Mitglied und teile meine private Meinung und persönlichen Ansichten mit /
    In this color, I write as a community member and share my personal opinions and views
andreaslindgren

This is just the information I got form the support team.

I got a white screen when I tried to install the module and I have checked the system requirements and all seems fine there.
24unix

Post by 24unix »

andreaslindgren wrote: Mon 25. Mar 2024, 16:03 This is just the information I got form the support team.

I got a white screen when I tried to install the module and I have checked the system requirements and all seems fine there.
Check the error log for the real problem.

I won't trust any first level support. When Alexander says, ionCube is backwards compatible the error might be somewhere else.
Access outside of allowed paths or attempt to use disabled functions.
mfg Micha
--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed …
… oh wait, he does.
andreaslindgren

Re: Downgrade ioncube version  [SOLVED]

Hi

Just in case this can help someone else in the future, I would like to inform how I solved the problem.

I thought I had tested with different php versions, but apparently not. When I tested with an older php version and not the newest, everything worked.

Thanks for all help and suggestions on how to solve the problem.