Disable subdomain?  [SOLVED]

silenzium

Disable subdomain?

Post by silenzium »

Hi,

is there a way to disable a specific subdomain, so that the vhost entry won't get created but the entry in KeyHelp still remains?

Thanks!
Best, Lorenz
Tobi
Community Moderator

Re: Disable subdomain?

Post by Tobi »

You could create an invalid nameserver record for this subomain.
Or just delete the nameserver record of this specific subdomain.
Gruß,
Tobi

-----------------------------
wewoco.de
Das Forum für Reseller, Digital-Agenturen, Bildschirmarbeiter und Mäuseschubser
select name from me;

Post by select name from me; »

Why do you want to do this?
Viele Grüße, Christian
silenzium

Post by silenzium »

Tobi wrote: Fri 1. Dec 2017, 13:02 You could create an invalid nameserver record for this subomain.
Thank you Tobi, didn't think of that. I'll try it that way.

select name from me; wrote: Fri 1. Dec 2017, 15:23 Why do you want to do this?
We have some pages just for preview purposes and they should only be available for a given period of time when we have something new to show. I think it would be easier to just disable the subdomain in the panel instead of adding some kind of maintenance page or somthing like that.
Best, Lorenz
Daniel
Keyweb AG

Post by Daniel »

Hello silenzium,

for preview purposes a simple authentication .htaccess or a whitelisted IP-address would be easy to handle.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Daniel Marckardt

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
https://www.keyweb.de - https://www.keyhelp.de
select name from me;

Post by select name from me; »

Or you could just change the path of the domain from i.e. preview/ to soon/ and later back to preview/.
Viele Grüße, Christian
silenzium

Post by silenzium »

Daniel wrote: Fri 1. Dec 2017, 16:34 Hello silenzium,

for preview purposes a simple authentication .htaccess or a whitelisted IP-address would be easy to handle.
Thanks for your suggestion Daniel, but whitelisting is not an option, since the client should be able to hand around the URL, so we don't have an exact list of IPs.

select name from me; wrote: Fri 1. Dec 2017, 16:41 Or you could just change the path of the domain from i.e. preview/ to soon/ and later back to preview/.
Simple but brilliant ^^ I think that's even better than the solution with the NS record.

Although the given solutions are sufficient for me, I think it would be nicer to have a "disable" button in the panel so you can have a "disabled" badge next to the affected subdomains like the top level domains already have right now. Perhaps this could be added in a future version ;)

Thank you guys for your help!
Best, Lorenz
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello,

currently you can also "disable" a Subdomain als KeyHelp Administrator (when you select "Show Subdomains" in Domain Page).
This feature is currently for the Admin only, as a user should not be able to reenable a Domain or Subdomain which is disabled by the Admin.
Viele Grüße,
Martin
silenzium

Re: Disable subdomain?  [SOLVED]

Post by silenzium »

:lol: ... I've always overlooked this button, this is what I always needed. Thought I could only edit subdomains as the user of the main domain.. Just was about to ask where I can change the PHP-Version of a given subdomain. But this has also been solved now ;)

Thank you Maritin!!
Best, Lorenz