Install on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16

prune

Install on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16

Post by prune »

Hello,

I installed on Debian 9 Minimal and I cant update to Debian 10 since when I type keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php in CLI, I get -Bash keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php command not found.

I edited my ssh port in sshd_config, reloaded ssh and sshd and I can no longer ssh to vps.

Should I edit ssh port prior to installing Keyhelp? If I changed ssh port after installing Keyhelp, do I need to edit something in admin page or any firewall setting there?

How to set webmail to use domain of client, instead of redirecting to primary.domain/webmail? Setting url to anything other than primary.domain/webmail like primary.domain/message doesnt seem to work?

Does Keyhelp support creation of reseller accounts?
Can I install keyhelp on Openvz 7?
Does keyhelp support integrating with any billing panel?
Does keyhelp have an app installer for Wordpress, etc?

Thanks!
nikko

Re: Install on Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16

Post by nikko »

1.) Pls use

Code: Select all

wget --no-check-certificate https://install.keyhelp.de/scripts/keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10_php7 -O keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php
for update.
2.) If its not a big reason to move the ssh port, let it be. KH has a firewall and fail2ban for the standard ssh.
3.) Under Deb 9 you should find the firewall tab in the admin-area.
4.) Webmail with ssl only works on my.host.com/webmail
5.) reseller: No (at the moment)
6.) Open VZ: Normally yes, but there are so many configuration options for open vz itself - so are problems are not excluded.
7.) Billing: No
8.) Ready to run installer: No. - Here is a way to put wordpress-installfiles (or other) as a domain-template.
The software said: Requires Win Vista®, 7®, 8® or better. And so I installed Linux.
prune

Post by prune »

Ah so I have to paste that as one line. But in the guide, it says download the .php first then run the .php after. It works on Ubuntu not on Debian though.

I tried to install on Ubuntu 16 again but sometimes it hangs when installing at Postfix. Its so annoying. I will have reinstall the OS again then try to install Keyhelp when this stuck on Postfix happens.

I using Ubuntu 16 minimal and Debian 9 minimal. When I upgrade the OS per Keyhelp guide, is the minimal version installed?

Thanks.
prune

Post by prune »

So it will not hang on Postfix install I have to login to admin page and stay there.
I also think I should have putty window not minimized.

EDIT:
I really want to change SSH port
I also want to disable root login and create my sudoer user but Im afraid I will break things again and I wont be able to login on vps
I have reinstalled OS and Keyhelp countless times already

Can Alexander pls advise on what to do to accomplish above without conflicting with Keyhelp?

EDIT 2:
I still cant update to Debian 10. I get this

root@server:~# keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php -bash: keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php: command not found

EDIT 3:
So annoying. After finally pointing my subdomain to the vps IP, after I login to admin page, when I try to Save or go somewhere in admin page, it says session expired, I have to login. This doesnt happen when I just use the IP. Im using Chrome.

Why login page has no checkbox to stay logged in? How to set session cookie timeout?

Thank you.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello,

#1 Changing SSH Port:

You should do this after KeyHelp installation and you may add an allow rule for your desired SSH port prior to change within the firewall settings.

#2 The upgrade script is written in PHP, you may call it the following way:
php keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php

(also local scripts which are not wihtin folders in $USE Path must be called with ./SCRIPTNAME)

#3 Session Timeout
This was not observed so far. Does the subdomain already point to the right ip? Also session is ip bound, do you use a loadbalancer or proxy for accessing this subdomain? Maybe the IP which connecting to the server changes so the session invalidates.
Viele Grüße,
Martin
prune

Post by prune »

#php keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php

This worked! Im such a noob. In Ubuntu though it ran without adding php beforehand. Im on Debian 9 minimal, will it get upgraded to Debian 10 minimal also?

#Session time-out

This only seem to happen in Chrome. It doesnt happen in Firefox. Literally I was adding a user and when I click to add it, Im asked to login again.

I have some questions again:

I put the login as a subdomain and I use Cloudflare. I added a user and he auto gets subdomain [username].login.domain.com . But that doesnt load anything.

If I disable that option of adding username as free subdomain, will user get an email on what to use as name servers?

Why cant admin add a domain to be used as name servers? I can only add a domain for an existing client/user, not for or under admin.

Thanks!
prune

Post by prune »

Martin wrote: Fri 15. Nov 2019, 05:35 Hello,

#1 Changing SSH Port:

You should do this after KeyHelp installation and you may add an allow rule for your desired SSH port prior to change within the firewall settings.

#2 The upgrade script is written in PHP, you may call it the following way:
php keyhelp_debian_upgrade_9_to_10.php

(also local scripts which are not wihtin folders in $USE Path must be called with ./SCRIPTNAME)

#3 Session Timeout
This was not observed so far. Does the subdomain already point to the right ip? Also session is ip bound, do you use a loadbalancer or proxy for accessing this subdomain? Maybe the IP which connecting to the server changes so the session invalidates.
KH doesnt allow me to set NS using another domain. It auto sets it as ns and ns2 as subdomain of hostname. That is fine if Im using domain.com. But Im using sub.domain.com as hostname on Cloudflare. I had to manually setup dns A entries. Im unsure if I need to setup other things manually?

KH also didnt setup rdns for mail server sender of vps it installed on. Is this because hostname is sub.domain.com and not domain.com ? How to setup rdns manually?

I have enabled whitelabel settings but the htm on www public folder for addon domains still mentions KH. Pls see attached image. Ive read about skel templates here, maybe that is workaround for now. I will try to search for it on your pdf guide.
Attachments
www.JPG
www.JPG (21.66 KiB) Viewed 11682 times
nikko

Post by nikko »

prune wrote: Sun 17. Nov 2019, 08:57 KH doesnt allow me to set NS using another domain. It auto sets it as ns and ns2 as subdomain of hostname. That is fine if Im using domain.com. But Im using sub.domain.com as hostname on Cloudflare. I had to manually setup dns A entries. Im unsure if I need to setup other things manually?

KH also didnt setup rdns for mail server sender of vps it installed on. Is this because hostname is sub.domain.com and not domain.com ? How to setup rdns manually?

I have enabled whitelabel settings but the htm on www public folder for addon domains still mentions KH. Pls see attached image. Ive read about skel templates here, maybe that is workaround for now. I will try to search for it on your pdf guide.
The RDNS must setup your VPS-Provider.

The whitelabel of the indexpage you can change by SETTINGS->CONFIGURATION->TEMPLATES->DOMAIN DEFAULT PAGE. Its only activ for nue added user, not for existing user.

For the hostname you need only 2 records:
sub.domain.com -> IP
*.sub.domain.com -> IP (wildcard for the user systemdomain)
The software said: Requires Win Vista®, 7®, 8® or better. And so I installed Linux.
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

For information about the skel:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8482#p18325

If you want to update your nameserver, used inside of bind configuration files for domains, you should also update a field in the KeyHelp database.
Table name: "settings". The appropriate field can be in the field having category: "dns" and name: "nameserver".
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
prune

Post by prune »

Thank you nikko and Alexander!

I just used a remote installer to install wordpress via ftp. I hope soon there will be auto-installer for most used apps.

I wish Keyhelp has option to

-after adding TLD, send email to user what NS to put in their registrar
-register domains within keyhelp so no need to add NS on 3rd party registrar

The File manager has no option to move or copy file. I had to to download file and just upload it to another path.

I wish it was possible to reset webmail password via rainloop login page. There is no forgot password button.

Is there a way to add logo on rainloop login page?

Per nikko I just added A for *.domain.com to IP. But Im curious. Will manually adding A for 'webmail.domain.com' pointing to IP enable redirect to rainloop login page?

Thanks!
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

prune wrote: Wed 20. Nov 2019, 02:33 I just used a remote installer to install wordpress via ftp. I hope soon there will be auto-installer for most used apps.
This will come soon.
prune wrote: Wed 20. Nov 2019, 02:33 I wish it was possible to reset webmail password via rainloop login page. There is no forgot password button.
Within KeyHelp (Configuration -> Webmail) you can add a support URL for Roundcube. At this URL you could describe how to reset the password. Beside of that, there is no such function. Ask yourself, if the email account password is lost, to which email should the new password be send :)? Of course it is still do-able sending the email to the email address of the KeyHelp account, but there are a lot of strings attached. The only bullet-proof variant is to log into KeyHelp and change the password there.
Of course you can code your own solution using the KeyHelp API.
But those changes should be done with an alternative Roundcube installation (see below)
prune wrote: Wed 20. Nov 2019, 02:33 Is there a way to add logo on rainloop login page?
You should not modify the Roundcube installation KeyHelp comes bundled with, due it gets overwritten every time it is updated. So its not update-safe. For modifications, you are better off, to use a alternative Roundcube installation. Within KeyHelp configuration page (Configuration -> Webmail), set the "Access URL" to the URL of your alternative installation.
prune wrote: Wed 20. Nov 2019, 02:33 Per nikko I just added A for *.domain.com to IP. But Im curious. Will manually adding A for 'webmail.domain.com' pointing to IP enable redirect to rainloop login page?
There is already a default webmail.<domain>.<tld> created by KeyHelp, no need for further adding an other one. You can configure its behavior at Configuration -> Webmail.
Alexander Mahr

prune

Post by prune »

But my end use is to offer email only. So I wish that people could do this in Rainloop login page

-register
-reset their password

Why not just enter a backup email on register or in admin account? Then on reset, they can enter that backup email so reset will be sent there.

If an attacker doesnt know the backup email, then he will accomplish nothing.

But you are right, the password can be reset via admin account or their own account. But if they have none of those, I would have to do it. But its ideal they do it themselves via a password reset.
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

That's why I gave you the advise, using the KeyHelp API and an alternative Roundcube installation.
Your request is highly specific and only would help you and maybe some others, but not the majority of the other KeyHelp admins.
For such use cases, the API (https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis-docs/keyhelp/api/) is ideal for. With a bit of coding on your site you can achieve all your requested features.

Note that Roundcube is just an email client, like Thunderbird, Outlook and so on. None of this is capable (nor is it their purpose) of creating register new accounts or or reset the password.
Alexander Mahr

prune

Post by prune »

Ok thanks for your advice

May I know why after I changed the admin email, when I create email account, the sender email (for notify of account created) is still from the old email?
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Post by Alexander »

When changing the email of an administrator, it has no influence on the senders email for notifications by KeyHelp.

What you are looking for is this this setting: "Configuration" -> "Notifications" -> "Notification sender email address"
Alexander Mahr