Upgrade/Install Debian 10 to/or Debian 11 inside OpenVZ servers.  [SOLVED]

Discussions about the installation of KeyHelp.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Upgrade/Install Debian 10 to/or Debian 11 inside OpenVZ servers.  [SOLVED]

Post by BasHeijermans »

Hi all,

I have hosting by Cinfu.com and they run OpenVZ, the panel was complaining during the first installation about Quota-services.
This is easily solved, your OpenVZ hoster/admin has to allow quota on your filesystem, they need to enable that first and it installs without any problems at all.
If quota is missing, your mount command will not show it's enabled.

If you want to update to Debian 11, as the panel suggests. Ask your OpenVZ hoster/admin to announce the new kernel 5.4.0. instead of the old 4.19.0 of Debian 10.
They can do that without the need of you reinstalling everything in a new template. Sure the Cinfu.com site tells you it runs Debian10, but that is just cosmetic.

When you see the new kernel with uname -a = 5.4.0, you can use the KeyHelp script to upgrade and it works trouble-free.

I'm a happy user without spending loads of time reinstalling. Beware, it may not work for everyone, SO MAKE BACKUPS!!!

Bas.
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.
hzm120

Re: Upgrade/Install Debian 10 to/or Debian 11 inside OpenVZ servers.

Post by hzm120 »

ITs best to use KVM then openvz now..

openvz is outdated and not as well great where KVM you have full root over ur server
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Re: Upgrade/Install Debian 10 to/or Debian 11 inside OpenVZ servers.

Post by BasHeijermans »

My provider has this in use, not going to switch over it as they have increddible good support ;)
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.