Backup - add notes for context (admin/client)

Which features are you missing? Tell us about it.
shoulders

Backup - add notes for context (admin/client)

Post by shoulders »

The backup page looks exactly the same in the admin and the clients.
backup.png
Would it be possible to add the following notes so the role of these different pages is clear:
  • Admin: This page will control the backup of your whole server, User accounts, KeyHelp and it's settings
  • Client: This page will control the backup of your user account and it's settings.
I did look in the documentation and it was not clear either.
Jolinar
Community Moderator

Re: Backup - add notes for context (admin/client)

Post by Jolinar »

shoulders wrote: Sat 28. Oct 2023, 15:18 Would it be possible to add the following notes so the role of these different pages is clear:
  • Admin: This page will control the backup of your whole server, User accounts, KeyHelp and it's settings
  • Client: This page will control the backup of your user account and it's settings.
I did look in the documentation and it was not clear either.
With all due respect... But it should be self-evident that a client cannot perform a server backup.
Wenn jemand inkompetent ist, dann kann er nicht wissen, daß er inkompetent ist. (David Dunning)

Data Collector für Community Support
___
Ich verwende zwei verschiedene Schriftfarben in meinen Beiträgen /
I use two different font colors in my posts:
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Moderator und gebe moderative Hinweise oder begründe moderative Eingriffe /
    In this color, I write as a moderator and provide moderative guidance or justify moderative interventions
  • In dieser Farbe schreibe ich als Community Mitglied und teile meine private Meinung und persönlichen Ansichten mit /
    In this color, I write as a community member and share my personal opinions and views
shoulders

Re: Backup - add notes for context (admin/client)

Post by shoulders »

It would just be a small improvement to show the difference. Usually the admin and client backup pages always look different, but on KeyHelp they are identical.