Module for WHMCS

General discussions around KeyHelp.
PaterNosta

Re: Module for WHMCS

Post by PaterNosta »

BasHeijermans wrote: Thu 21. Jul 2022, 17:55
Also you ask 20 euro a month, that is 240 euro a year.

Any idea how many customers most of us need to pay that?

On top, you are a hoster yourself and offer other panels. Not even KeyHelp asks this much and offers much more then you.

I used to be a hoster (professional) and for this type op money, you need to have a shitload of clients that pay big time, most don't.
Yes, I can understand that. However, the development costs for the module were not small.

Instead of paying 19.99 euros every month, you can also take the 1-year license. That is cheaper.

I am currently looking into the possibility of reducing the license costs by limiting the number of customers you can manage with the module.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

You want to make money from KeyHelp, a load of money.

Question, how much percentage does KeyHelp get from your sales?

Do they get 20~30% of the profit you make on their panel development?

Or are all sales into your own pocket?
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.
PaterNosta

Post by PaterNosta »

BasHeijermans wrote: Thu 21. Jul 2022, 18:09 You want to make money from KeyHelp, a load of money.

Question, how much percentage does KeyHelp get from your sales?

Do they get 20~30% of the profit you make on their panel development?

Or are all sales into your own pocket?
This is a fundamental discussion about the licensing of software.

I use KeyHelp Pro and support KeyHelp financially. I would also pay more than the current prices for the Pro license. But that is a decision of KeyHelp, which license structure they want to have themselves.

I calculate based on my development costs and on the number of possible sales of the module. Since not many use WHMCS and KeyHelp together, this of course affects the sales price.

Furthermore, the module has a very large range of functions in combination with WHMCS, so that individual billing of each client based on actual resources used is possible.

As already mentioned, I am currently looking into the possibilities of reducing the license costs. But you will surely understand that I also want to amortize - at least a part of - my costs.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

Do you pay them a percentage for every sale, yes or no?
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
PaterNosta

Post by PaterNosta »

BasHeijermans wrote: Thu 21. Jul 2022, 18:18 Do you pay them a percentage for every sale, yes or no?
No, because they didn't ask me to do that. But I made my module known to Keyweb AG before I posted here.

I turn the question around:
Do you also pay KeyHelp money for giving you the raw materials for your language translation?
And for example: Did they forbid you to offer your language files for a fee, since you spent hours translating the words and phrases?

In my case, there is also the fact that the module cost me money. So why shouldn't I get some of it back?
With every new WHMCS version and also KeyHelp-API version I have to check whether the module is still usable or code adaptations are necessary.

I had a module developed that communicates with both systems based only on the existing KeyHelp API and WHMCS API and has many features that add value to a hosting company and their customers.
I have not received any support - even financial - from either company for this.
You just can't get everything in life for free.
24unix

Post by 24unix »

BasHeijermans wrote: Thu 21. Jul 2022, 18:18 Do you pay them a percentage for every sale, yes or no?
That's quite strange … KeyWeb offers a free (as in beer) version of KeyHelp.

Someone sells an AddOn for Keyhelp, which is free as in beer, and WHMCS, with is neither free as in beer nor speech.

If you feel that he's required to share part of his sales, then WHMCS should get its bounty too, shouldn't they?

And what's about Apache, PHP, yes even Linux. They are all free as in speech.
mfg Micha
--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed …
… oh wait, he does.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

It's quite simple and the honnest thing to do.

If you make money of somebody else his efforts, you should pay for it.

It's funny you mention Apache, PHP or even Linux, they give code for free but only charge for support.

RedHat does make money from support, but they give things back. Even Microsoft does these days.

WHMCS does offer nothing, they try to make money on Alex his work, that is not right.

I asked Alex to pay for it, he refused...as I do not make money from it.

Also, the company is outside the EU-zone, it gives you no legal rights. If people pay for it, they have no rights, nor are they protected.

My advise is simple, stay away.
Greetings Bas.

BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

PaterNosta wrote: Thu 21. Jul 2022, 18:32
No, because they didn't ask me to do that. But I made my module known to Keyweb AG before I posted here.

I turn the question around:
Do you also pay KeyHelp money for giving you the raw materials for your language translation?
And for example: Did they forbid you to offer your language files for a fee, since you spent hours translating the words and phrases?

In my case, there is also the fact that the module cost me money. So why shouldn't I get some of it back?
With every new WHMCS version and also KeyHelp-API version I have to check whether the module is still usable or code adaptations are necessary.

I had a module developed that communicates with both systems based only on the existing KeyHelp API and WHMCS API and has many features that add value to a hosting company and their customers.
I have not received any support - even financial - from either company for this.
You just can't get everything in life for free.
1. You never offered or asked them! Different thing.

2. I translate as I asked them if I could do it, as I like to use their panel. In fact I got a Pro-code for free, I did not ask for it. I translate because I want to do so. Yes, it costs me a lot of time, but I can use their panel for free. So I give my time to them for free. No, I do not want to be paid, I didn't ask for the pro-code. I give them something back. Simple as that.

3. Yes you can get stuff for free, it happens to me a lot when you offer free services, like my translation. You would be amazed how many people are willing to help others without being paid. I do, I always did.

Did you know that in the early days, when HTML, FTP and others where developed on Unix, nobody ever charged anybody for their code?
They never did, today most people still use free code, and contribute, it changed when Billy Gates got into the picture.

I never charge for my code, translations or services and I never will. I hope they give back.....and often they do, more then asked.

No I'm not as hippy. But my work has been abused by companies so many times for their profits that I stopped coding for idiots.
All my code is free, no charge. Always will be. Make money a decent way, don't rip of others work.
Greetings Bas.

24unix

Post by 24unix »

BasHeijermans wrote: Fri 22. Jul 2022, 19:31 It's quite simple and the honnest thing to do.

If you make money of somebody else his efforts, you should pay for it.
You are sure to reply to the right person?
BasHeijermans wrote: Fri 22. Jul 2022, 19:31
It's funny you mention Apache, PHP or even Linux, they give code for free but only charge for support.

RedHat does make money from support, but they give things back. Even Microsoft does these days.
Those are two examples of extremely bad companies.
RH used to ask for money not just for support, but even für RHEL.
MS is the devil itself, now they pwned GitHub and NPM, but silly people still use it.

WHMCS does offer nothing, they try to make money on Alex his work, that is not right.
I have no relation to WHMCS, if I would need such software I'd use BoxBilling.
I asked Alex to pay for it, he refused...as I do not make money from it.

Also, the company is outside the EU-zone, it gives you no legal rights. If people pay for it, they have no rights, nor are they protected.
You are a fan of the EU?
Feel happy, I envy UK and CH for not being in this stupid money-wasting monster,
My advise is simple, stay away.
What harm did I do?

I give part of my work back for free: https://git.24unix.net/tracer/bindAPI
mfg Micha
--
If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed …
… oh wait, he does.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

How much did Alex gained from then? I guess, nothing at all :lol:

Did you check the latest UK import/export trade numbers....they are going down...nothing left, stupid Brits that voted leave.

They got what they wanted, a tiny market with Boris, being on a stupid island like Russia was during the cold war :lol:

The Brits got what they deserved after years of being anti Europe.....idiots :lol:
Greetings Bas.

Tobi
Community Moderator

Post by Tobi »

Bas, please calm down.
Unix, please do not light the fire.

THX 2 both of U 👍👍
Gruß,
Tobi

-----------------------------
wewoco.de
Das Forum für Reseller, Digital-Agenturen, Bildschirmarbeiter und Mäuseschubser
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Post by BasHeijermans »

Sorry. Will comply.
Greetings Bas.

info@eurhosting.net
KeyHelp Translator

Post by info@eurhosting.net »

PaterNosta wrote: Tue 19. Jul 2022, 15:45
Hello Rogernet,

if there is still interest:

I offer since a few days a full WHMCS server module that communicates with the KeyHelp API.

With this many actions are possible directly from WHMCS and also the customer can do many things himself in the WHMCS customer area.

Details can be found here:
https://my.w4h.shop/buy/category/18-whmcs-modules/?l=2

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Nothing to say about the WHMCS module, is done by the same company I asked quotation last year so I know them very well as well.
The only problem here is the licensing cost, way too high.
To be honest in september I will start to develop the same module but with in mind a lease cost of 9.9/m or 100/y that is still acceptable.

The cost you are charging is basically a share of the profit and is not because I don't want to pay, but if I have to share the profit I would like to share even the costs :D

Just my 2 cents
Stop stop stop
If hosting is not your main focus, I can be of help to mantain your servers
PaterNosta

Post by PaterNosta »

info@eurhosting.net wrote: Wed 24. Aug 2022, 22:00
Nothing to say about the WHMCS module, is done by the same company I asked quotation last year so I know them very well as well.
The only problem here is the licensing cost, way too high.
To be honest in september I will start to develop the same module but with in mind a lease cost of 9.9/m or 100/y that is still acceptable.

The cost you are charging is basically a share of the profit and is not because I don't want to pay, but if I have to share the profit I would like to share even the costs :D

Just my 2 cents
Hello info@eurhosting.net,

I agree with you and I have already identified the problem.

In about a week or two the module will be available in a new version as an update with a new license model.

Then, depending on the number of customers to be managed with the module, a license price will be due.
The entry prices will start at 5.00 Euro per month for 10 customer accounts, etc.
info@eurhosting.net
KeyHelp Translator

Post by info@eurhosting.net »

PaterNosta wrote: Wed 24. Aug 2022, 22:23

Hello info@eurhosting.net,

I agree with you and I have already identified the problem.

In about a week or two the module will be available in a new version as an update with a new license model.

Then, depending on the number of customers to be managed with the module, a license price will be due.
The entry prices will start at 5.00 Euro per month for 10 customer accounts, etc.
So still you are being a business partner, asking a quote of the profit per customer without providing any added value.

Still just my 2 cents, license cost has to be fixed, all business module with license cost according to account/customer number are falling down, cPanel lost more than 35% of customers since introiduced it, same happened to bitninja.

And the reason is simply, you are a provider, not a business partner, doesn't matter how many customer we have, you are giving always the same product, no added value or other amenities, so according to what you want to charge a company by customer number?
Stop stop stop
If hosting is not your main focus, I can be of help to mantain your servers