External DNS only, please confirm if it works this way.

Discussions about the usage of KeyHelp.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

External DNS only, please confirm if it works this way.

Post by BasHeijermans »

Hi all,

I have a simple question.
I do notice that you can disable the DNS zones if you use an external DNS server.

However, in the Configuration you can give DNS-servers.

Are these needed? Or are these just default-records that are inserted if you do want to use your own server(s) als DNS servers.

I think I can disable the zones and leave the configuration DNS records empty, is that correct?

In short, the DNS is handled by an external DNS provider, not by KeyHelp.
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.
tab-kh

Re: External DNS only, please confirm if it works this way.

Post by tab-kh »

BasHeijermans wrote: Thu 25. Aug 2022, 14:52 Hi all,

I have a simple question.
I do notice that you can disable the DNS zones if you use an external DNS server.

However, in the Configuration you can give DNS-servers.

Are these needed? Or are these just default-records that are inserted if you do want to use your own server(s) als DNS servers.

I think I can disable the zones and leave the configuration DNS records empty, is that correct?

In short, the DNS is handled by an external DNS provider, not by KeyHelp.
If the DNS is handled by an external DNS provider, you can and should disable the DNS for these zones/domains in Keyhelp. You can still use the dns zone editor to show you the DKIM settings to set for the Domain if Mail is activated for the domain, though.
BasHeijermans
KeyHelp Translator

Re: External DNS only, please confirm if it works this way.

Post by BasHeijermans »

Thank you, that is what I wanted to know.

Yes Dkim shows for the external DNS, I did see that when I was translating.

Just wanted to be sure if it could be turned off.

But you didn't answer the second part, in Configuration -> DNS Server....can you leave them all blank or does it need to have some given.
Does it do anything except giving default records if you do your own DNS?

I expect it doesn't do anything in the system but making default records if needed.
Greetings Bas.

Ik heb KeyHelp naar het Nederlands vertaald, contacteer me als er translatie fouten zijn.
(I have translated KeyHelp into Dutch, contact me if there are translation errors.)
Next version 24 of KeyHelp 100% translated.