Strange problem with the encoding of files with accented names

For topics beyond KeyHelp. / Für Themen jenseits von KeyHelp.
kurgans

Strange problem with the encoding of files with accented names

Post by kurgans »

Good evening to all...

First I apologize for my bad English... I only speak Spanish and I use a translator.

I want to share with you a problem that I only have in one of my machines that I can't solve ...

Those files that are accented like the one I use as an example acompió.jpg when uploaded by any FTP client appear inaccessible from the web page and are displayed as well when connecting via SSH to your web space.

If I upload the same file using the file manager of the panel, the file is stored correctly and is fully accessible as you can see in the attachment.

It is something strange that only happens on this machine ... and could not find ... any of you can tell me what can happen

The only change that has been made on the machine from how it was installed was to configure mysql to use both upper and lower case queries.

lower_case_table_names = 1

That should not affect the ftp upload of the file... but just to let you know what was done to the default installation.

Thank you all for your help
Attachments
files.jpg
files.jpg (9.92 KiB) Viewed 787 times
file_manager.jpg
file_manager.jpg (3.6 KiB) Viewed 787 times
file_ftp.jpg
file_ftp.jpg (4.2 KiB) Viewed 787 times
Alexander
Keyweb AG

Re: Strange problem with the encoding of files with accented names

Post by Alexander »

Hello,

You may want to check your character set settings in your FTP software or even your operating system.

I am using Linux Mint with FileZilla as FTP software. I did not need to change anything, all files with Spanish special characters transfer nicely and are also displayed nicely within the CLI.

I highly doubt that the server is the issue here.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Alexander Mahr

Keyweb AG - Die Hosting Marke
Neuwerkstr. 45/46, 99084 Erfurt / Germany
http://www.keyweb.de - http://www.keyhelp.de
kurgans

Re: Strange problem with the encoding of files with accented names

Post by kurgans »

Good afternoon

Sorry I'm late... I've been away for a few days resting.

I understand that it is not the server ... only happens on this machine, this is the local put, this default international Spanish ... well I have tried all the combinations that have come to my head even knowing that it would not be solved.

But I always think ... something strange has happened ... maybe with something strange is solved ...

... but logically it has never been solved.

Posting here was more a question of if someone could point me to something to try than something related to the panel or its system.

Thanks for everything

S2